.hov:hover{background-color:yellow}
Music Video:FAMILY GUY (by Funny Videos)

Music Video Code provided by Video Code Zone

>Big Bill's B.U.C. (Body Under Construction): Death penalty or Not?

Friday, December 16, 2005

Death penalty or Not?

Since this Tookie case I have been reading a lot of bloggers commenting on whether they are for or against the DP. Also they are posting whether they believe he was innocent or guilty. The tally has been even on both side leaning a little more to the fact that he paid for the sins of killing those people. What people? I don't know. I have not been privy to this case I didn't pay attention to it with all the hype. Sometimes people get on the band wagon just because they are looking for a cause or something to make them feel like they are being part of something constructive. I want to comment on what we are trying to do in society and how people have to be held accountable for their actions. This type of conversation can go off on many different angles of this topic. Should we impose the DP on murderers? It can lead to the question of what if they have been rehabilitated, or what if there is a question of doubt in the juror's mind when attempting to reach a verdict.
Rehabilitation:
I left a comment on Attention Whores blog a day ago, I don't know if she deleted it like she has with some of my other comments... I don't know why she deleted them but anyhow. The gist of my ramblings within that comment went as follows, I believe we spend a lot of money on welfare and such like keeping prisons running. I went on to say that a lot of people are held up in prison being fed and housed off of our tax dollars. Well these people are in prison for a reason. They need to see what it is like to have to work for there keep. Not steal not kill not expect the government to hand it over likes it is owed to them. I know we had prisoners pressing license plates for a while and then gave them a few cents an hour so they could buy stuff at the convesary. Well lets run with that idea. Use these individuals to do other things and make products and such and have them earn the cell they are living in, have them work and earn the food they are given, have them work and earn the cot they sleep on. If they don't then they go hungry or they sleep outside in the exercise yard being exposed to the elements. This way they will see what it's like to have to work for the things they want not just take them from other people who have earned them. They will have to work just like every other citizen in society does. No one gets anything for free. Everyone can contribute something. (you see from here I can go and attack the pregnant mothers on welfare with more than one baby, or the welfare recipients buying beer with their check but I won't I will get back on track.)

That's my idea on rights for the people who are imprisoned. I think that everyone realizes that our judicial system has gotten to a point where it needs to be revamped. People call themselves lawyers looking for a loophole that will deny some evidence that may be totally incriminating and prove positive whether this individual committed the crime or not. What is this a game? It should not be but it's time to sit back and say, WTF. When things get to a certain level or have been around long enough they have to be fine tuned and adjusted to fit the change of times. I believe it's time for that. (this is a point where I could say "if they acquitted OJ they can find loopholes in anyone's story" but I won't).

In society we have to show people there is an reaction to every action. If you play now you will pay later. So should tookie have been executed? I don't know I really don't or have not given it much thought with the facts I have on the case and that is none. I am pretty sure he had something to do with the deaths of these people, and if he did he should never know what true freedom is. We also have to send a message to the youngsters out there. So you think it's cool to be a gang banger or a gangster? Well let them see some photographs of the gunshot victims and let them see what a bullet can do to a human head. I don't know if this will stop some of the crime but the parents of a lot of these kids are not doing anything. I hate to say it but society has become so desensitised from violence that people have lost the mortal feeling of what happens when you someone dies.. They don't realize that hopes and dreams are smashed. Lives are shattered and people loose more trust in their higher power. (I used that term to stay politically correct.)
Just some random thoughts what do you think?

4 Comments:

Blogger BigBill said...

Hey let us really know how you feel!! Don't hold back!! Oh my god and you are with child!!! Your gonna be someones mom?
LOL

7:36 AM  
Blogger MarlaSinger said...

that . was great. i enjoyed it and i am with you on every word. maybe. haha ok i guess so. (*jumps bandwagon*) no really thats all good shit.

10:45 PM  
Blogger idobcool said...

Tookie sounds like Cookie and there are way too many carbs in cookies so his execution in justified!!

8:59 AM  
Blogger Henrik Thomsen said...

Hi Bill!

Thanks for stopping by mi blog,,

When making Knife in that kind you need exotic wood from all over the world, and a lot of silver.
Tusk and other stuff.

The blade is very special, you know the samurai sword, the blade her is made in the same way.

I think that i will post some of my other knife on my blog

3:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home