.hov:hover{background-color:yellow}
Music Video:FAMILY GUY (by Funny Videos)

Music Video Code provided by Video Code Zone

>Big Bill's B.U.C. (Body Under Construction): ATTENTION!!! YOU MUST READ THIS BOOK!!

Monday, January 02, 2006

ATTENTION!!! YOU MUST READ THIS BOOK!!

10182889

OK, all of you that know me well, know of my battle with addiction and my addictive personality. It sucks when you are trying to overcome something but other people don't really understand it. When You finally find someone or something that relates to it you freak out and say "Yeah Me too!! That's what I am going thru!!" and it helps you to realize that your not alone in this world. You are not experiencing something for the first time that is brand new, that is a selfish thought. Anything that you experience has already been experienced by someone else somewhere in this world.. So when you do find that person or thing you grasp it and find interest in it and see if it can help you too because you share a common bond with it or them.
Well my sister "Jenphiner" has really and truly supported the cleaning up of my act.. More than anyone I know, and I really appreciate that and can't tell her how much that means and helps me. Each year she has given me a card, around this time of the year to congratulate me on my achievement thus far because the battle with addiction is never over.. At least once everyother day I want, need, or have to take a drink or something to get me buzzed or high. I make the decision not to and it's hard. Her acknowledgment of that helps me tremendously.
This was the first year of my 4 years being sober that I didn't receive a card.... I know it's busy around this time of the year and with the kids and all. She did mention it to me and that is acknowledgment enough.. But then she gave me gift better than any card, she told me of a book she had read "a million little pieces by James Frey". She said she had read it and like I this guy battled with drugs and alcohol and kicked it and did it with some help from members and believer in the AA 12 step system. After he got his life back he never really accepted their concept of being totally submerged into these twelve steps and neither did I. This can be scary because they say that you will not stay sober if you don't accept and practice their 12 steps.. For someone who knows that if he takes a toke or a drink or hit of anything that he will loose everything like the family and life and job and friends and everything you have worked for. This is not something you want to hear. So it's scary but I have made it thus far and so did James Frey. So their is our common or maybe to you people who don't have problems with addictions our uncommon bond.
Anyhow she gave me this book to read and I have had it for 4 days and I am almost done with it. (It's hard for me to find someone to read it to me as much as I would like). This is an excellent book and you must read it. If you know of someone who is going thru this or have gone thru this or who might go thru this read it!!
Then comment back to me on it.
So today I have finally have a day off of work and on Opera I hear "author James Frey is here with us today and...."
I had to sit down and couldn't believe he was on TV. Really weird full cirle,everything happens for a reason, physicick weird bullshit... Thrown right in my face. I think it's cool anyhow read this book.
Thanks Jenphiner for letting me read it I will either give it back this weekend but if it's OK Julie wants to read it. Hey I am gonna read his other book "My friend Leonard" I let you know about it. Thanks for your support sis, You don't know how much it helps. Even though I know others support me it's your acknowledgment that helps every time at this time of the year which is not an easy time to get thru with all the parties and shit!! Don't tell anyone but I was in bed at 9:30pm December 31st. Oh well.
Peace

2 Comments:

Blogger Wayward Hatch said...

I was changing a poopie diaper at midnight on New Year's Eve. I would have gladly traded places with you. I quit smoking 5 years ago, so I know some of what you're going through. Keep it up, but start eating more carbs so I don't have to wear the thong this summer.

10:59 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

Well, darlin, I just fell in love with you all over again. Takes a big man (as in confidence, big guy) to tell the world his weakness's. I promise you I understand. I'm grateful for sil, give her a hug from me and tell her we're all thankful for her kind. Love ya and happy new years babe.

4:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home