.hov:hover{background-color:yellow}
Music Video:FAMILY GUY (by Funny Videos)

Music Video Code provided by Video Code Zone

>Big Bill's B.U.C. (Body Under Construction): Back to the Reason for this Blog!! Staying in shape with Diet and exercise.

Monday, October 24, 2005

Back to the Reason for this Blog!! Staying in shape with Diet and exercise.

OK for you Veggie only eaters!!! Here is a healthy alternative to meat.

Veggie Meatloaf
1 cup cooked brown rice
1 cup cooked lentils brown or red
1 cup uncooked instant oats
1 cup finely chopped mushroom
1 medium yellow onion chopped fine
1 carrot grated
half of a red bell pepper chopped
half cup of chopped walnuts
quarter cup tomato paste
quarter cup olives chopped fine - black or green
3 tbl chopped parsley
2 tbl tamari
2 tbl mustard
1 tsp each of dried thyme, marjoram and sage

mix and pack into a meatloaf pan

bake at 350 for 40 min covered and then take off the cover and bake another 20 min.

Ok I honestly have not tried this yet. I have neither cooked nor even tasted it but it is definitely an alternative. I don't know it seems to have a lot of carbs in it with the rice and oats.
One of the readers "Kathi" showed an interest in it and I just came across this recipe so I thought I would post it.
I did read a recipe in a mag. This weekend which was entitled Poor mans steak and it was a meatloaf made with 1 lb of regular ground chuck, and also 1/2 lb of ground pork! Then you add the rest of the stuf you would normally put in a meat loaf...
I thought the pork sounded like it would definitely be an definite improvement...Once again I have not attempted this but its sounds good.
Remember if you are trying to loose weight these are not for you yet!! You need to get to your desired weight by eating lean meats like chicken and fish and eggs. After you get to you desired weight you can fool around with the red meat and meatloaf and such...All others enjoy!!!

11 Comments:

Blogger idobcool said...

Thanks for the recipe Martha!

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry bout the false alarm old man.

9:46 PM  
Blogger BigBill said...

Thats cool write to Julie and explain to her..She would really enjoy that!!
go and check your e-mail I sent you a letter..

3:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*blech* Sounds icky to me...

maybe if i drown it in ketchup? lol

6:05 AM  
Blogger BigBill said...

lilsista: Sugar is a carb....carbs are not our friends.......sugars store as fat fast than regular carbs There are sugars in fruits thats why fruits are to be eaten in the morning whilst one follows a healthy eating plan....GOSH!!!

chrissie...There are sugars in ketchup ...sugar is a carb.....carbs are not our friends...etc.

Androo...No problemo send an e-mail to Julie she freaked out!!

Idobeastool: blow me

Stefanny; I too love the veggie burgars Bocca has a good one they also have like black bean burgers and portabello mushroon and pepars burgers they are good also...

Bye ya'll

11:12 AM  
Blogger josh williams said...

Not a bad recipe, I tweaked it a little, I added 5 lbs of ground beef, and a quart of White Castle Onion Chips, dang it sure where good!

4:03 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

Hush up, Chrissie, I think it sounds really good. But c'mon Bill, you're offering me a recipe you've not cooked or tried? Have you at least known someone who's distant cousin has tried it? Oh well, I'll let you know if it's good. Or (chrissie) if it needs ketchup.
And, so...if you're wanting to lose a few lbs, and don't eat meat (lean or not) what's another option? HUH?
Thanks for the recipe Bill. You're such a nice guy (but I won't tell).

8:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey big guy. I'm listening to the best of Queen, and it's pretty much the best cd EVER!

4:41 AM  
Blogger BigBill said...

Herisher: Hey Bro good to hear from you. So the readers know that you are my Airforce room mate, I am going to post this and some more of our tales in a post later this week!! Banquet chicken (which you spelled wrong!) Dumb fuck!!
was the main staple of my diet in the airforce along with bricks of government cheese and lots of beer..
Kathi: Thanks for not telling everone about me being a nice guy...that would tarnish my bleamish free image.. More receipts to come... stay tuned for sauteed chicken gizzards!!
Androo: If not for Freddy being a flaming homo I loved everything about Queen. His voice is one that will ring on for ever. I love his contribution to the movie Highlander He will be truelly missed. and Paul Rogers does not do their songs justice. At least not from what I heard but I have only heard one song from him... They do have a large library of albums or CD'S you can collect. Enjoy!!

6:28 AM  
Blogger BigBill said...

If your looking for a good read click on Josh Williams entry on this comments section!! very funny stuff! Thanks Mule!

6:29 AM  
Blogger josh williams said...

Thanks Bill, I'll be watching for more recipes offer some tips and look for your pontoon boat story. Cheers

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home