.hov:hover{background-color:yellow}
Music Video:FAMILY GUY (by Funny Videos)

Music Video Code provided by Video Code Zone

>Big Bill's B.U.C. (Body Under Construction): Big Fish!!

Monday, October 09, 2006

Big Fish!!

HPIM0189


Yeah Yeah yeah!! You all would have the same look on your faces if you would have caught this one!! I had been fishen all day started at 7:00 am and really didn't catch much to write home about and I started thinking Well I gotta throw a big lure to catch a big fish.. So I started throwing a 3-4 inch black and silver minnow/shad. Like a sluggo type lure. I drifted over this very weedy section of the lake figuring the big hogs must be hiding. The turn over already had started and the oxygenated water was at the bottom and I could not find any fish. So I keep throwing this lure and as I reached the end of this weedy area I turned the Rica Marie around and started it over again in the same spot drifting the same way. Then BOOM! I said outloud Holy shi---then she jumped and all I saw was a flash of white from her underside and I new she was a biggen. I kept the line tense and set the drag but she didn't run. She just dove right to the bottom in all those FUCKEN weeds!! Remember now the boat is still drifting. I started to pull her up and saw a huge bundle of weeds on the line..my first thought was she dumped the lure in the weeds but then I felt her tug again. I made sure the hook was set by cranking back hard on my pole..(OH YES!!) I reeled her in as far as I could then I had to grab the net (I was alone on the boat) and finally I landed her!!!! Woohooo!! It was a good day. The next day I drifted the same area and I say another one the same size or bigger but had no luck. Next year I plan on catching a bunch of these pigs!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger idobcool said...

nice catch!

6:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! thats the biggest i've seen in a while Bill! ;)

6:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed.

4:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He does that. I think if you can beat someone up and take their fish, you deserve it.

1:49 AM  
Blogger BigBill said...

Jenny:
I let her go after I snapped these lovely photos. There is a bag of pan fish in the freezer though!! I plan on adding to it this winter. Tony and I plan on starting ice fishing this year. We never have done it before but I am getting a lot of input from other people who have. Sounds like fun.

Konk:
If you had something 18" inches long made of rubber there would be photos of you trying to shove it up your ..........

1:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home